NTN Bearing Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism
To Our Customers:
NTN Bearing Corporation and its affiliates are aware of the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) security standards and actively implements many measures. Our international supply chain utilizes C-TPAT certified carriers. NTN facilities have implemented controls and security measures deemed to be adequate for each site. The attached detailed information about NTN’s security provisions and general corporate information should satisfy all inquiries regarding NTN’s C-TPAT status. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact NTN.
NTN Bearing Corporation and the NTN Americas Group follow these principles to ensure security of its products, operations, and supply chain:
- Buildings are constructed to resist unlawful entry and protect against outside intrusion.
- Adequate locking devices are in place for all entrances.
- Product types are segregated as deemed necessary.
- Areas inside and outside the facility (including parking areas) are adequately lighted, including camera monitoring where deemed advisable.
- Private parking areas are separate from loading docks and cargo areas.
- Internal procedures and communication systems are in place to notify internal security personnel (where applicable) and local law enforcement in the case of a breach in security.
- Shipping and receiving areas are open only to authorized personnel.
- All carriers are C-TPAT certified.
- Visitors are required to display identification badges. Where deemed necessary, employees are required to display identification.
- Introduction and removal of cargo is done according to standardized procedures.
- Cargo is properly marked, weighed, counted, and documented. Seals on containers, trailers, and railcars are in general use.
- Procedures are in place to identify and report shortages and overages.
- Timely movement of goods is tracked.
- Containers are stored to prevent unauthorized access.
- Employees are screened through:
- Background checks
- Application verifications